Do Quality Wedding Photos Always Have to Cost Much?
Conventional wisdom is that when hiring a wedding photographer, you get what you pay for. All the blogs and magazine articles reinforce the notion that the more you pay, the more beautiful the pictures of your special day will be. What if you only had to give up something that didn’t matter to you in order to pay less?
I’ll tell you a great secret - you don’t have to give up quality to get a great price on wedding photography. Let WedWu assign the specific photographer who will take your pictures. You give up the hassle of interviewing, the impossible task of hiring the most qualified photographer for your event, and yes, a little bit of control. We guarantee that our photographers are qualified, certified professionals who do great work. We guarantee that they show up on time and deliver. And we know what we’re doing because it is our business to know how to hire the best photographers.
How does this save you money? If you book your event with WedWu and let us assign a photographer, we pick a good one who was going to be idle that day. That puts you in the driver’s seat regarding price. You can name your own price. Once you commit to WedWu, we assign a qualified photographer who will call you, introduce him or herself and discuss your preferences for the event. Visit http://www.wedwu.com and start finding a great price for a great wedding!
About the Author: Darren Atinsky is the CEO of http://www.WedW.com the f,irst “Name-Your-Own-Price” for wedding services.
Why Most Top 10 Tips Don’t Help Finding a Wedding Photographer
So, you are out planning your wedding and event. I’m sure most of you have googled “Tips for choosing a Wedding Photographer” hoping to unlock all those wondrous secrets of knowledge that will help you find the perfectly skilled photographer.
Most sites, which offer “tips”, focus on personality, not skill. Find a connection they say, are they nice, do you like them etc. Sounds more like dating advice. Well, if your goal is to find someone you like, and not someone professional and skilled, then read no further and visit E-harmony for photographers.
Actually, I’m kidding, I know there are times when personality, and a connection matter, but that assumes money and time don’t matter. Our goal is to drill down past the fluff and give you SKILLS to look for.
Below is the list of questions we use to qualify our photographers before they are certified to work in the WedWu system. There’s nothing wrong with personality based questions, but to find a real pro, add these to the conversation. This is gold! Ready?
10 Questions for finding a Professional Wedding Photographer.
1) Type of camera(s)- One of the most basic questions, yet most people don’t ever ask. Needs to be a Canon or a Nikon. Period! If they don’t have one of these, just move on.
2) Do you use a swivel bracket- Yes is the only acceptable answer.
3) Why do you use a swivel bracket- Ever wonder how you get rid of red eye in a picture? You need to raise the flash above the camera so the angle of the light reflected back goes below or above and not directly back at the camera. If your photographer can’t answer this question, GET OUT!!
4) Do you bounce your flash, use a diffuser, or use direct flash- This is a great question because ALL these methods work, they just give you limited output and doesn’t allow you to adjust to the conditions. A true professional will tell you they use all three depending on the conditions. If they say only one, they may be lacking a bit in the experience area.
5) Do you shoot in “Raw” format or “Jpeg”. Now, this is a highly technical question, and both are right, but it will tell you the type of skill your photographer has, and without fail, if you ask this question, they will start telling you all the reasons they shoot their particular format. Not only that, but every photographer you ask will sit up straight and ask, “how do you know this, no bride ever asks these questions?” -) Smile and just say a little birdie told me…
Feel free to take this list and ask your photographer these questions to see if what you are truly getting is a professional for your event, and not a dating partner.
About the Author: Darren Atinsky is the CEO of WedWu.com, the first “Name-Your-Own-Price” for wedding services. Darren also serves as Editor for the Bridal Yellow Pages.